There's a Monster in the Closet
Tonight mom got home early and began making preparations for dinner with her friend Glenn. We went for our long walk and she got me settled, then proceeded to pick out what she was going to wear for the evening.
She selected a couple options, I provided my input, and then she went around to the coat closet, taking out the most vicious monster I had ever seen. It was about 4 feet long, flat with a pointed tip. She brought it to the center of the floor and drew out two sets of criss-crossed legs.
Wrrriiiiiittt. It roared!
I sprang back ready to flee should it strike out, but mom simply set it upon its legs and went back over the coat closet again.
Next she pulled out a smaller monster that had a shiny flat face and a long whip-like tail. I smelled it all over to make sure it was safe for mom to touch, and sat back to see what would happen next. Mom put the small monster (we'll call it Rowenta) on top of the large one, plugged its tail into the wall and gave it some water to drink. She's such a good mom!
She grabbed her pants, placing them flat on top of the large monster, and began pressing Rowenta on top of them! Rowenta sputtered and spurted steam. But Mom kept working; first on one pant leg, then on the other. I haven't ever seen such a thing in all of my nine months! I was amazed that mom had both those fearsome creatures under her power at the same time. She is the BEST! Once mom ran Rowenta all over the pants, she unplugged the little guy's tail, and folded up the large monster. Wroooot. She put both back into the closet and our apartment was peaceful one more.
It could have been a dicey situation, but luckily my bravery helped pull us through. Whew. What would mom have done without me?



No comments:
Post a Comment