3.10.2008

A Walk in the Woods...

Today, I am channeling Henry David Thoreau.

A 19th century philosopher, he preached naturalism, simple living and civil disobedience. And he lived in the woods for a number of years.

I have been thinking about him because this weekend I went on a road trip to the suburbs of Boston for a walk in the forested Blue Hills Preserve with my new friends Tosci and Gigi.





Mom, Glenn, Mr. Steve, and the three of us youngsters rambled around the 7,000 acres getting soaked by the rain and having to leap over-flowing creeks.

We romped and ran, stirring up the sleepy birds who were trying to stay dry. We had a fantastic time and I am hoping that I get to hang out with them again.

Afterwards, mom Glenn and I went for a visit with the Freyman's. Spencer and Morey live there and are very good hosts. We spent the night and I enjoyed listening to mom and dad get trounced in Trival Pursuit. Woah... they never got a break...

On Sunday, after a delicious breakfast, we drove up to Salem to visit Great Grandma Spinney and spend the afternoon with her. I wuff spending time up there - but I think Mica and Pepper don't enjoy it one bit!

I leave you with this:

"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you."

4 comments:

Andrew Campbell said...

What a small world! Tosci is the father to Khumbu, one half of the Team Vizsla -- Eastern MA chapter. He is a handsome fellow, indeed. But then again, Brisztow is a princess herself!

A+M+M+J

Brisztow Jones said...

Yes! When we were up there, Mr. Steve said that he knew you and that you might be going hunting with them the very next day, because you were up in Maine.

We are two ships in the night, Mr. Andrew!

Wuff,
Brisztow Jones

Delilah and Rocket said...

It looks wet but I wuf road trips. We haven't been on any lately. Mom & Dad are buys with getting the cafe built but hey at least I get to go to day care and wrestle with my friends.

Anonymous said...

Wow it was wet. I had supressed the memory until I saw the photos. Sorry to subject you to such conditions, but alas... As it turned out rain continued and Khumbu's dad (Rich) and I didn't go shooting anyway. I think Andrew headed home early anyhow...

Tosci and Gigi both loved getting to meet Brizstow. Such fun. Thanks for the visit.
Steve, Tosci and Gigi!