7.13.2008

In the Big Apple, Every Dog has His Day













This morning I experienced a once-in-a-lifetime event. Dog were allowed onto the Great Lawn!

Normally this is strictly prohibited, and really the only people who are allowed to use it are the baseball leagues and when there are special events.
Last night the group Bon Jovi rocked Central Park, so I guess the Parks and Recreation police felt that it would be a waste of time to shoo off 50 dogs and their parents when 50,000+ concert goers had already trashed the place.

Well, to be honest, I thought that it was shockingly clean for a post all-day concert extravaganza. Hardly any scraps for me to gobble up. Bummer!












I played with East Side Millie which is always fun, but mostly I loved rolling on the lush green nirvana.

4 comments:

Lori said...

That's like Times Square after New Years Eve - you'd think it would be awful but it's the cleanest day of the year! It's the only time they'll make a concentrated effort to clean it!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's quite a dog park! Too bad it was only temporary!

Delilah and Rocket said...

Well how special is that!?! Did you get to see Bon Jovi?

How are you doing with the bicycle jogging? I caused a wipe-out with mom. She's not real happy about our first experience biking.

Anonymous said...

Bristow, I wish I had your life!! You go girl!