Movie Al Fresco
Saturday evening, mom, Glenn and I piled into a cab and headed down to Glenn's movie night. As I mentioned before, he is the founder of a group called the Upper Green Side and so he was sitting on a discussion panel to try to shed some light on how traffic congestion in New York is effecting our quality of life.
I helped direct the tent set-up!

Personally, I would like it if the trucks and cars that drive along Riverside Drive would obey the traffic lights, stopping for red lights, allowing mom and me to cross the street. Sometimes they don't stop; and sometimes they think red lights mean its ok to make U-Turns.
Glenn and his buddies are talking about something bigger, though. An organization called Transportation Alternatives collaborated on a documentary about the traffic issues of the Big Apple. And so we watched the film to help spread the word.
I counted about 100 people (though please keep in mind I am only equipped with four toes on each front foot so the counting might be off)in attendance.
One of the other efforts that TA is responsible for is working towards a "Car-Free Central Park". Now that is something I can totally support!
Here is a 360 degree view of the East River and "The Cove" where the movie played. Click on it to see it larger.

Once the panel discussion was over, the movie began. Mom threw me some of my most favorite snacks to keep me settled: popcorn! Yummy.
I wuff popcorn.
These kernels were popped fresh and had delicious butter and salt on them. I was in puppy heaven.



No comments:
Post a Comment