5.19.2007

These are the Geese in my Neighborhood...

After the big move yesterday, Mom Glenn and I unpacked all morning. We sorted and placed, and moved things round. So once the evening walk came around I was ready to get out in to the park.

The weather was a bit overcast and misty so we pretty much were secluded from everyone. I wanted to check out the lake again -- it's my favorite spot--- and see what ducks were there. I wuff ducks. They make great chew toys and have that delightful quack, quack.

As we came down to the bank of the pond, I noticed that there weren't any ducks but rather a number huge Canadian Geese. I was on point right away straining on my leash to get to them. Mom and Glenn were too busy getting engaged to give me the slack I needed, but I managed to creep froward, into the water and get about 2 feet away.

Those geese had no fears and didn't even bother to swim away! That's a bit insulting!

Since, Mom wasn't paying attention to me at all, it would have been the perfect time to work on my in-water retrieving skills!

Better luck next time!

No comments: