Proof: I am Not a Horny Teenager
Perhaps I can request my west coast smarty pants, B-Cubed to provide me the proper proof for this problem (I asked mom to help me but she was terrible at geometry). I believe the best way is to use the "Proof by Contradiction" method. Luckily, I found a website:
The Converse of a Theorem
The Converse of "If P, Then Q" is the assertion "If Q, Then P". For example, the converse of "If it is my leash, it's purple" is "If the leash is purple, then its mine." It should be clear from this example that there is no guarantee that the converse of a true statement is true.
Proof by Contradiction is often the most natural way to prove the converse of an already proved theorem.
Based on this instruction, my proof was constructed as follows:
Theorem:
"Mom Says I am a Horny Teenager"
Proof 1: Why I am not Horny
If P = Horny
and B = Me
Then B cannot equal P because I have no horns. Do you see horns on my head?
Proof 2: Why I am not a Teenager
If Q = a Teenager
and B = Me
Then B cannot equal Q because I am 3 years old, and the very definition of "teenager" is someone who is 13 to 19 years of age.
THEREFORE and WHERE ART and SO ON and SO ON:
p3 + p q2 + q3 = 0
and
p3/q3 + p/q+ 1 = 0
which equates to: I am a vizsla 1) without horns and is 2) under the age of 13, therefore
I AM NOT A HORNY TEENAGER! MOM!
Here is an illustration I found to further illustrate my point:



5 comments:
We had a lot of trees down up here in the BX, too. Some really big ones.
I can't wait for Prof. Brown to add the weight of his critical opinion -- although, in your mom's favor, I would add that 'vizsla' ≠ 'triangle'. Knowing vizslas, I wonder if chaos theory would provide a more useful theoretical starting point?
See you Sunday.
A+M+M+J
Chaos Theory! Absolutely. I shall post another drawing...
All you vizslas are getting too brainy for me. I do however like the confusion theory. (Lots of pretty colours!)
My dear Ms. Brisztow,
I've carefully reviewed your proof and find that, whereas your arguments relative to the absence of horns and accrued age are sound, you've neglected an essential aspect.
The appropriate equivalence for p3 + p q2 + q3 is not zero (0), because of the observer effect. This equation should be properly restated as p3 + p q2 + q3 = Mom.
Dividing both sides of this equation by 3, it becomes p + pq2/3 + q = Mom/3, thus reducing the power of her observations relative to your age and horniness by a full third.
You can reduce the proposition accordingly. After rounding, "Mom Says I am a Horny Teenager" becomes "Mom Says I am a". You are then free to include additional terms.
Unfortunately, chaos theory is not applicable due to the color choice. Accurate theoretical modeling would be in hues of reddish brown.
Authoritatively yrs.,
B3
All this thinking is hurting my brain! augh! Time to go cause chaos instead.
Post a Comment