The Art of Parallel Play

Saturday, mom and dad left for a couple hours and brought home another dog!
Benny, the Corgi, wasn't here to stay but only to hang out with me while his parents were at work. We did a lot of parallel play - not too much rough-housing. Our height differentials were a bit daunting as I never knew when he was doing a play bow, or sitting, or anything.
His little legs were just so short!
Not that I think there is anything wrong with that... but it made for some mixed signals.... plus he couldn't jump up on to the bed like Ms. Danan does. I am used to a much more vigorous play session. He sure does play a mean game of chase the Qweeker Man. He beat me every time!
We did spend a lot of time walking around outside though. It was his first time to Morningside Heights so of course I had to give him the tour. All in all it was great having a buddy over. I think next time I want to hang out with him on the Upper East Side!



No comments:
Post a Comment