12.30.2005

Whoop! Whoop!

I would just like to give a shout-out to the Nelsons! They made me some fantastic dog biscuits for Christmas and I have been enjoying them daily. Mom says I need to watch my waist line, though, so I have been running around the park chasing my glow-ball even more! Here's the reciepe for some very delicious puppy snacks! Make them for the pooches you love!

Tail Waggers

Ingredients
2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cornmeal
3/4 cup uncooked regular oats
1/3 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 beef broth
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

Directions
• Combine first seven ingredients; make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
• Whisk together broth, oil and one egg; add to dry ingredients, stirring until a soft dough forms.
• Roll dough into 1/2-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a four-inch dog bone-shaped cookie cutter, and place on ungreased baking sheets.
• Whisk together remaining egg and Worcestershire sauce; bruch on cookies.
• Position oven racks to divide oven into thirds. Bake at 300ยบ for two hours, placing a baking sheet on each rack. Turn oven off, and let cookies stay in oven (with door closed) for two more hours.

Yeid: 40 four-inch canine cookies.

No comments: