The Final Huntin' Scores

Here are my final hunting scores! 
These are Saturday's scores
Quite an improvement from that very first test wouldn't you say?? Mom has really come a long way! She can now fire the blank pistol without getting flustered, and knows that she actaully needs to keep moving in the bird field instead of standing still watching me work. Nice improvement, mom!

For the test on Saturday, I had a couple really nice finds. The first one was right at the begining of the tree line, but mom didn't go far enough into the bushes where it was hiding and she thought there was nothing there so we moved on. I found a second bird a little farther up, but this time, just to make sure it counted, I decided to go in and flush it myself. Once I heard mom fire, I knew we were set and came out ready to find more!
Later, mom found a bird on her own! I guess she was trying to make up for letting the first one go, and she kept trying to show me where it was, but since she already stumbled upon it (quite literally), I never pointed it. Silly mom, I need a challenge and want to find them on my own!
And to finsh my title... my Sunday scores!
Sunday was even better than Saturday. The judges were very nice to me and mom, and let me drink some water before we got to the bird field. I was thirsty because it was so HOT. My bracemate, Mannie the Weimeranner, was the same one as Saturday and we both went to work right away. The bird field was shaped like an "L" this time and followed some very tall brush. 



I caught scent far away from my bird, so the judge told mom that the he was actually about 50 feet upfield. Mom told me to move up, so I went in and pointed the little guy again. He was actually to my right so mom came around my side and I held point the entire time she went in to flush the bird (20 seconds because the lil' guy wouldn't fly up and mom had to chase him a bit!!). Once he flew away and I pursued him, mom fired her gun!
That was it! I made it to my JH title! The judge told mom she could collar me and we went over to the Gallerie to wait for Mannie to finish. Unfortunately he didn't find any birds and so we returned to the main staging area. I felt bad for him, because he was really trying hard. Maybe the Hawks poached them all??? I hope he goes to the next test to try again!



No comments:
Post a Comment