2.04.2007

Boardwalk Dog Show

Mom and I left for the show Friday evening, grabbing a couple slices of pizza for the road, and made our way down the coast of New Jersey. We didn't leave as early as mom would have liked, but still made it to the hotel by about midnight.

I was so excited to see Ms. Deb and Owe'n and Winslow! I was jumping on the beds and running around. The boys were excited to see me too, sniffing my butt and everything!
We settled down quickly because the next morning I had to wake up early and get ready for the show.

The next morning, mom discovered I had officially begun my "season" and so she got a quick lesson in properly putting me in my "Bitch's Britches". I think they are weird and I don't like walking around in them. I sort of keep my legs spread wide like a Cowboy with bow-legs.

Fortunately the hotel was right across from the convention center, so we simply walked across the street when it was time for us to go. My class began at 8am, and it only had 17 total Vizslas so we were done by 8:30! I went "reserve", but means I didn't win any points. Ms. Deb said there wasn't enough pups there to finish so it was ok.

We hung out at the show for a while. Mom stopped in at the White Dog Bone Company and purchased a slew of bully sticks, knee caps, moo tubes, and treats. Yummy! Then we went back to pack up the room and head out.

Mom and I had plans to visit with Jade and the Reaps through Sunday morning.

I wuff the Reaps. I was so excited to see them, and play with Jade. Once the car was packed and we said our good-byes, I curled up and took a nap in the front seat (which is heated!) so that I was well rested.

We arrived and Jade and tore around the front yard. Then we went inside and tore around the living room. Then we went into the fenced in back yard and tore around again. Eventually we calmed down and were allowed back in the house where we proceeded to romp and wrestle.

And if that wasn't enough we all went on a really long hike in the woods. Four and a half miles for the people, and many more for Jade and I! I was on the hunt too. There were many hiden birds in those woods and I pointed as many as I could. Jade isn't quite as interested in the birds as I am, but I still showed her a few tricks.

When we finally settled in for the evening, Jade and I secured our couch spots, snuggled down under the blankets, and slept the rest of the night.

No comments: