6.10.2006

Siren and the City

Hello everyone, My name is Siren, and I am the lucky mama of Brisztow Jones. She was the real tough one of the Fearsome Foursome, so I knew she would do well with Ms. Karen in New York City.

Since I had the opportunity to go and check out Brisztow's haunts, I dove at the chance. Ms Karen mentioned something about getting cocktails and strolling through the park, so I was looking forward to the trip.

Ms. Karen and I departed the show grounds and I enjoyed the wind in my fur as we drove into the city. Ms Karen parks her car in a garage on 131st street so we had a nice long walk to the apartment. On the way, I enjoyed imagining Brisztow running along the very paths I was treading upon and pointing the very squirrels that I was pointing for Ms. Karen.



































She thought it would be nice for me to run and play in the dog run, but once we got in there I knew it wasn't for me. There were other dogs in there! They were splashing in the doggie pool! I didn't want to get wet or muddy with these pups so I stayed right next to Ms. Karen. We left shortly thereafter.

Once we got back to the apartment, I got busy sniffing all the corners, chewing on the bones and squeaking Brisztow's toys. What fun! Ms. Karen sure knows how to show a Vizsla a good time.

Ms. Karen and I settled down for an afternoon snoozer only to be woken up two hours later by a visitor -- it was Mr. Glenn! He had come over from the east side to go out to dinner. The plan was dining al Fresco at the Hudson Beach Cafe. Since the restaurant in Riverside Park was outside and canine friendly, I joined them to watch the sunset and to cuddle.




















After dinner we returned to the apartment settled in to watch The Squid and the Whale. I thought we'd be taking a ocean journey, but instead we learned all about a family living in Brooklyn in the 1980s. Oh, what a lovely evening!

No comments: